Personal Injury Lawyer in Seattle for pedestrian accidents and Injury claims
Highly trafficked roadways in Seattle, Washington, and throughout the greater Seattle area pose high pedestrian threats. When you are walking on foot, there is an increased risk for pedestrian accidents and injury. The city of Seattle and Shoreline and Seatac's surrounding area have made significant initiatives to make the streets and sidewalks safer for pedestrians and cyclists by improving bike lanes, crosswalks, and sidewalks. But still, pedestrian accidents and collisions occur every day.
At Habtemariam Law, our pedestrian attorneys in Seattle, with offices in Seatac and Shoreline, have the resources needed to streamline the often complicated process of filing a pedestrian injury lawsuit against negligent automobile drivers. Our accident lawyers are committed to helping victims injured in accidents to recover compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, physical pain, and other losses resulting from the car-pedestrian collision.
If you or someone you love was recently involved in a pedestrian-vehicle collision or bicycle accident, you might be entitled to significant financial compensation. To learn more about how a Seattle pedestrian accident attorneys at Habtemariam Law can help you, contact us for a free consultation at 206-624-1820 or fill out our contact form. We are available 24 hours a day.
Compensation in Pedestrian Injury Cases
If you or someone you love was struck by a vehicle as a pedestrian and have sustained serious injuries, a personal injury lawsuit may help you seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses including your current medical bills as well as future medical expenses related to your injuries. This could include medical transportation, rehabilitation, therapy, surgery, doctor bills, medical devices, or other costs associated with your accident.
- Lost wages. If your injuries from the pedestrian accident caused you to miss work, you might be able to recover compensation.
- Future lost wages. If your injuries do not permit you to return to work, you could recover compensation for the money you would have earned if the accident did not occur.
- Pain and Suffering. The pain and suffering you endured through no fault of your own as a result of the accident.
- Mental Anguish. After an accident and suffering, injuries can result in side effects such as emotional and psychological trauma, anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Loss of Consortium. You are compensated for the inability to engage in your normal marital relations either mentally, physically, or both.
- Funeral Expenses. If you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you could seek compensation that covers the funeral costs.
Hopefully, you or someone you love will never become a victim in a pedestrian-vehicle collision. Still, our pedestrian accident lawyers at Habtemariam Law are here to help get you on the road to recover if you do. We will seek compensation from the responsible party for your losses. Call us today at 206-624-1820.
What Are Common Injuries In A Pedestrian Accident?
Some common injuries Habtemariam lawyers see after a Seattle pedestrian accident include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Loss of a limb
- Traumatic head or brain injury
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Spinal damage
- Internal organ damage
- Facial injuries
Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit In Seattle, Seatac or Shoreline
Filing a pedestrian injury lawsuit in Seattle is typically based on negligence. Our accident injury attorneys will gather evidence to prove that the driver had a duty of care to the pedestrian. The driver breached his duty, either by distracted driving or failure to adhere to the traffic signals. And due to the driver's recklessness, the breach caused the pedestrian to suffer from severe injuries.
Both drivers and pedestrians have a duty of care to exercise while using the roadways and operating a vehicle. However, drivers tend to be held to a higher standard for reacting quickly to avoid an accident, especially since the impact is profound. Both pedestrian and vehicle operators can be the cause of the accident.
A driver would be at fault if
- Failure to oblige by the speed limit
- Failure to yield at a crosswalk
- Failure to use their proper turn signal
- Distracted driving
- Failure to adhere to the traffic signals
- Violating traffic laws
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
A pedestrian would be at fault if
- Failure to use the dedicated crosswalk or sidewalk
- Walking out in front of traffic
- Failure to pay attention to their surroundings
- Failure to use pedestrian signals
Struck By A Car On The Sidewalk Or Crosswalk? Pedestrian Injury Lawyers At Habtemariam Law Can Help.
The city of Seattle is a walkable city and full of pedestrians. However, drivers are not always paying attention to the traffic signals or are distracted while driving. It only takes half a second for a pedestrian to be struck by a vehicle. Unfortunately, if this occurs, the injuries are often significant due to the impact of a large object striking your body at high speeds.
If you were injured on the Seattle sidewalks or crosswalks as a pedestrian, there steps that need to be taken to recover compensation for your personal injuries. Since Washington State is an at-fault state, if you were injured by the negligent or reckless actions of another, you can file a pedestrian injury lawsuit against the person responsible for the crash to help you recover damages. Call us today at 206-624-1820 for a free consultation. We will get the justice you deserve and get you on the road to recovery.
pedestrian ACCIDENTS attorney in seattle
CALL FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION